CENTRE OF ATTENTION: 13-year-old Khaleel Kothdiwala. (FP)
- Past BIBA president now Spain’s honorary consul in Barbados Read More
- Freedom makes first call Read More
- Trinis masters of the game Read More
- Children put their stamp on rally car Read More
- Divide and country will surely sink Read More
- Earning potential of young Bajans at risk Read More
- Drop in Foreday Morning bands Read More
THE 13-YEAR-OLD Queen’s College boy who leapt to prominence in the past few days has dismissed suggestions that his speech at the recent Barbados Labour Party (BLP) rally was politically motivated.
Khaleel Kothdiwala, the son of an Indian father and black mother, said yesterday he was a proud Barbadian standing up for justice, in light of what was happening to fellow citizens.
During the Estimates Debate last week, both Minister of Education Ronald Jones and Minister of Social Care Steve Blackett blasted the Bees for allowing the boy to speak at the March Of Disgust rally held in Jubilee Gardens, The City, on March 11.
Blackett even threatened to report the matter to the Child Care Board, insisting the teen’s appearance was a form of exploitation. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.