CENTRE OF ATTENTION: 13-year-old Khaleel Kothdiwala. (FP)
- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- CTO CDB looking to double number of Hospitality Assured businesses Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
THE 13-YEAR-OLD Queen’s College boy who leapt to prominence in the past few days has dismissed suggestions that his speech at the recent Barbados Labour Party (BLP) rally was politically motivated.
Khaleel Kothdiwala, the son of an Indian father and black mother, said yesterday he was a proud Barbadian standing up for justice, in light of what was happening to fellow citizens.
During the Estimates Debate last week, both Minister of Education Ronald Jones and Minister of Social Care Steve Blackett blasted the Bees for allowing the boy to speak at the March Of Disgust rally held in Jubilee Gardens, The City, on March 11.
Blackett even threatened to report the matter to the Child Care Board, insisting the teen’s appearance was a form of exploitation. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.