CENTRE OF ATTENTION: 13-year-old Khaleel Kothdiwala. (FP)
- Iran in talks to buy 48 Airbus helicopters report says Read More
- North Korea factories humming with ‘Made in China’ clothes, traders say Read More
- Woeful Windies crash to defeat Read More
- Wha-loss Read More
- Uber not needed here Read More
- Wasted hours waiting on bus Read More
- When talent shines Read More
THE 13-YEAR-OLD Queen’s College boy who leapt to prominence in the past few days has dismissed suggestions that his speech at the recent Barbados Labour Party (BLP) rally was politically motivated.
Khaleel Kothdiwala, the son of an Indian father and black mother, said yesterday he was a proud Barbadian standing up for justice, in light of what was happening to fellow citizens.
During the Estimates Debate last week, both Minister of Education Ronald Jones and Minister of Social Care Steve Blackett blasted the Bees for allowing the boy to speak at the March Of Disgust rally held in Jubilee Gardens, The City, on March 11.
Blackett even threatened to report the matter to the Child Care Board, insisting the teen’s appearance was a form of exploitation. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.