Mr and Miss Parkinson Memorial School Akem Das (left) and Tyesha Drakes were popular winners. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Quake cancels CAC meet Read More
- Sir Hilary’s goal Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Neesha feels So Amazing with another award Read More
AKEM DAS and Tyesha Drakes were the winners in Parkinson Memorial Secondary School’s second annual pageant Saturday night before a large audience.
In the show themed Legacy, 50 Years A Bajan, they seemed very relaxed on stage as they faced the panel of five judges to clinch the titles from a field of seven girls and three boys. All were vying for top honours in the Mr and Miss Parkinson Memorial held at the school’s hall.
In the early stages of the contest, Das, second-placed Ronnico Ross and third-placed Travis Blackman seemed better prepared and more relaxed than the girls.
But they all seemed settled by the talent segment and gave a better showing. (GBM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.