Mr and Miss Parkinson Memorial School Akem Das (left) and Tyesha Drakes were popular winners. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: The truth and the corporate truth Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Our economies must be diversified Read More
- Holder: Windies in a tough phase Read More
- St Barnabas whip Blackbirds ‘B’ Read More
- A lot resting on Bay Street hotel Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Should my daughter marry again? Read More
- Not much hype Read More
AKEM DAS and Tyesha Drakes were the winners in Parkinson Memorial Secondary School’s second annual pageant Saturday night before a large audience.
In the show themed Legacy, 50 Years A Bajan, they seemed very relaxed on stage as they faced the panel of five judges to clinch the titles from a field of seven girls and three boys. All were vying for top honours in the Mr and Miss Parkinson Memorial held at the school’s hall.
In the early stages of the contest, Das, second-placed Ronnico Ross and third-placed Travis Blackman seemed better prepared and more relaxed than the girls.
But they all seemed settled by the talent segment and gave a better showing. (GBM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.