Mr and Miss Parkinson Memorial School Akem Das (left) and Tyesha Drakes were popular winners. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- CTO CDB looking to double number of Hospitality Assured businesses Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
AKEM DAS and Tyesha Drakes were the winners in Parkinson Memorial Secondary School’s second annual pageant Saturday night before a large audience.
In the show themed Legacy, 50 Years A Bajan, they seemed very relaxed on stage as they faced the panel of five judges to clinch the titles from a field of seven girls and three boys. All were vying for top honours in the Mr and Miss Parkinson Memorial held at the school’s hall.
In the early stages of the contest, Das, second-placed Ronnico Ross and third-placed Travis Blackman seemed better prepared and more relaxed than the girls.
But they all seemed settled by the talent segment and gave a better showing. (GBM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.