Minister of Industry, International Business, Commerce and Small Business Development Donville Inniss. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Archer makes career-best strike Read More
- Body Blows Read More
- Need for better traffic signage in Warrens Read More
- Death penalty discussion necessary Read More
- Linkin Park frontman found dead in apparent suicide Read More
COMBATIVE and unreasonable.
That is how outspoken Member of Parliament Donville Inniss has described the island’s unions which are agitating for double-digit pay increases for civil servants.
He was speaking during a Democratic Labour Party St Peter branch meeting at the All Saints Training Centre yesterday evening.
“Everybody, including the Opposition, understands the challenges that we are facing in this economy. And you still have trade unions asking for 23 per cent? What kind of cubbah you could be? Where it gine come from? Who will we sacrifice? It’s almost as though that’s not their business,” the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Small Business Development told the small gathering. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.