The man who shot Devon Best was said to have come from behind the wall on the right at Weekes Land. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography.)
- Trade war worries slam China and emerging markets Read More
- Caribbean Airlines ranked 34th in global on time performance Read More
- Ticket sales slow Read More
- Pinnacle challenge to Gandalf Read More
- Where’s the morality, bishop? Read More
- Initiatives to help us stay afloat Read More
- Machel to Rise at Oval Read More
POLICE say they remain concerned about the growing gun violence in Barbados, as two separate but closely timed and located shooting incidents on Sunday night left some residents shaken.
The first occurred around 10 p.m. at 1st Avenue, Weekes Land, Goodland, where Devon “Freckles” Best, 21, of Bank Hall, St Michael, was shot in his left arm. A little more than two hours later at JJ’s Spot on Fairfield Main Road, Black Rock, also in St Michael, Brian “Chucky” Cumberbatch, 47, of Strathclyde, St Michael, was shot multiple times about the body.
Best was treated and discharged but Cumberbatch was listed in critical condition.
Police public relations officer, Acting Inspector Roland Cobbler, said the force would be utilising the anti-gun unit again. (CA)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.