The man who shot Devon Best was said to have come from behind the wall on the right at Weekes Land. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography.)
- Courtesy gives Crop Over a lift Read More
- Beneficial ownership: Corporate striptease (final part) Read More
- Kyle Hope, Ambris added to squad Read More
- Malinga gets suspended sentence for media comments Read More
- This time we are in a 12-foot hole Read More
- Time for a rebirth Read More
- RPB, Queen T to go first on Phenomenal Friday Read More
POLICE say they remain concerned about the growing gun violence in Barbados, as two separate but closely timed and located shooting incidents on Sunday night left some residents shaken.
The first occurred around 10 p.m. at 1st Avenue, Weekes Land, Goodland, where Devon “Freckles” Best, 21, of Bank Hall, St Michael, was shot in his left arm. A little more than two hours later at JJ’s Spot on Fairfield Main Road, Black Rock, also in St Michael, Brian “Chucky” Cumberbatch, 47, of Strathclyde, St Michael, was shot multiple times about the body.
Best was treated and discharged but Cumberbatch was listed in critical condition.
Police public relations officer, Acting Inspector Roland Cobbler, said the force would be utilising the anti-gun unit again. (CA)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.