DOUBLE DELIGHT: President Akanni McDowall (centre) is held aloft by members of his executive (from left) deputy general treasurer Corey Marshall, general treasurer Asokore Beckles, 1st Vice-president Fabian Jones and 2nd Vice-president Kim Webster. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
IT WAS SO NICE, Akanni McDowall had to do it twice.
McDowall blew away his challenger Roy Greenidge to retain the presidency of the National Union of Public Workers (NUPW) today.
After three hours of vote-counting McDowall was finally announced the winner around 9:30 p.m. leading to vociferous celebrations at the union’s Dalkeith, St Michael headquarters.
He collected 1 053 votes to Greenidge’s 556 to lead Team NUPW to a complete sweep of the six positions up for grabs over Greenidge's Team Solidarity. (RB)