SUBLIME FORM: Julian “Michael Jackson” White playing a backhand return on the way to beating Marson Johnson. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Government making strides towards going green Read More
- Debt restructuring the way to stability, says Persaud Read More
- Rain has final say Read More
- Benjamin raps selection process Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rihanna is new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Read More
THE number two seeds will battle the number one players in Sunday’s finals of the fourth edition of the Massy United Insurance Clash Of The Titans road tennis tournament at Dover Courts.
The women’s defending champion Sheldene Walrond and Julian “Michael Jackson” White advanced to the finals on Wednesday night with authoritative dismissals of Abigail Haynes and Marson Johnson, respectively.
Walrond defeated Haynes 21-18, 21-14 to book a date with No. 1 Kim Holder, while White stopped the golden run of Johnson 21-14, 22-20, 21-12 to set up another showdown with three-time king Mark “Venom” Griffith.
Once again White showed his superiority on a road tennis court with his cerebral craft. He moved his opponent from left to right before leaving him with a passing shot which was underscored with a Kodak pose. (KB)
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.