All Of The Lights Frontline is US$850. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
IT WAS ALL LIGHTS, plenty of flashy lights when Kontact Band launched its 2017 Kadooment Day costumes.
Powered by Barbados Yello Pages, the theme was based on City of Lights and showing Barbados at night.
The concept, said assistant bandleader Maraca Thornhill, was formulated last October and designers Designing Daryl and Jam Designs were brought onboard to bring the feathers, sequins and gems together in a kaleidoscope of colour within the six sections: Brilhar, Lights Out, All Of the Lights, Breaking Dawn, Party Lights, and Kiran.
The interest was so great at the launch at the Barbados Museum that the individual Lights Out has already been sold.
“Last year we had around 700 revellers and we are looking for the same number. Kontact has been synonymous with being the choice of band for masqueraders. We have been great responses and feedback”
The band has a package and costumes of backline, frontline and midline ranges from US$345 to US$850.
Kontact said that costumes will also be available, per usual, for plus-size women. (NS)