The woman who was struck by the tree receiving medical attention at the scene. (Picture by Alex Downes.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Former Jamaican cricketer murdered Read More
- CWI hits back at charges Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
THE PEDESTRIAN WHO was struck by a falling tree branch today is in stable condition at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Fifty-one-year-old Antoinette Cumberbatch of Long Gap, Spooner’s Hill, St Michael was walking in the taxi stand at Lower Broad Street, The City when the tree suddenly fell.
One branch struck her head and caused a laceration.
The incident occurred around midday. (PR/NB)