The boundary wall in question and its proximity to the shoreline. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Quake cancels CAC meet Read More
- Sir Hilary’s goal Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Neesha feels So Amazing with another award Read More
SOME RESIDENTS OF Cattlewash, St Joseph, are angry about the construction of a large house there.
While declining to be identified, one of the detractors, who said he was representing residents who did not want to appear in the Press, said he was tired of construction that was destroying Barbados.
“I’m speaking on behalf of residents of Cattlewash. Our main concern is that house is not being built along the proper building guidelines; that house is not being constructed in conjunction with the rules and regulations of construction along the East Coast.
“I am speaking on behalf of those who are tired of this . . . . It happening all around the island and it is destroying this island,” he said, adding he heard the owner of the house was from overseas.
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.