Rihanna arrives for the Grammy Awards at the Staples Centre. (Reuters)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new CIO, managing director Read More
- Sam Lord’s Castle: Into The Future Read More
- Easy, breezy Butterfly Read More
- North pull it off Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Solidarity now an empty slogan Read More
- King Bubba on Bequia stage tonight Read More
RIHANNA IS FACING a backlash, mainly from British fans, after posting pictures with the head of Queen Elizabeth II superimposed over some of her outfits.
Some of Riri’s 52.5 million instagram fans found the humour in the situation, others stated she was just seeking attention even as another post said “it’s not that deep”.
“Where’s the dislike button,” read one post.
“It’s because Prince Harry didn’t take you as his girlfriend Rihanna that you are disrespectful to the Queen Elisabeth,” screamed another in all caps.
Others debated whether it was art or not.
“I’m not offended by the pictures, but I’m curious as to why she felt the need to do this,” asked another post.
“She’s an attention seeker that’s why,” was the response. “She wants to be in the headlines and guess what? She succeeded.”
But not everyone was offended.
“Can I just say I’m glad I saw this today because my Monday just became extra super duper awesome.
“I love you queen.
“I think the queen would see the funny side of this.”
Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her 91st birthday last Friday. (Barbados Nation)