DEUCES: Gregory Vanderpool crossing the finish line en route to his first elite National Championships victory. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
SO MUCH for that double.
Gregory Vanderpool has come of age now, having ridden away with his very first senior National Championships road race on the Stewart’s Hill course yesterday to deny time trial champ Jesse Kelly a sweep of both titles.
Working in tandem with Kelly and four other Massy United Insurance teammates, the 23-year-old eventually made his break on the final climb to win the nine-lap, 120k event in three hours and 26 minutes on a gruelling St Philip circuit.
“It feels amazing to finally get a title for yourself,” said Vanderpool of his big senior breakthrough. (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.