BCA director of cricket Steven Leslie (FILE)
- Barbados to benefit greatly from Sandals Canadian Marketing Incentive Read More
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Springer, Foundation U-19 final Read More
- BWU thrillers Read More
- Economy must meet needs Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
THERE IS A crisis with the covering of pitches in the Barbados Cricket Association’s (BCA) major competitions because of old and inadequate covers.
This was disclosed by BCA director of cricket Steven Leslie yesterday after the majority of first-round matches in last Saturday’s Super Cup 50-over championship ended in no-results due to wet areas, either on the pitch or by the bowlers’ run-ups.
“We do have a crisis in Barbados right now with the provision of covers.
“I would say that we are in a position where, possibly just a few clubs have what I would consider adequate covers and a large majority, who [have] if not inadequate covers, have covers which certainly are not able to fulfil the requirement of both the pitch and the run-ups,” Leslie said in an interview with WEEKENDSPORT. (EZS)
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.