Contrary to initial rumours, police said that that Jamar Green was not held by lawmen, and instead, his suspected assailants were charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm. (GP)
- Changes coming to Telecoms Act Read More
- Williams Industries, former Digicel CEOs form new company Read More
- Hamilton could take F1 lead this weekend Read More
- UWI seeking to raise US$70m Read More
- Price gougers at it again Read More
- Give more power to Auditor General Read More
- Edwin first, iWeb last Read More
RUMOURS ON SOCIAL media had it that 25-year-old Jamar Green was beaten and tied to a bus stop post in Shorey Village, St Andrew, on Wednesday after breaking into homes.
That was not the case, however. Police said their investigation did not to point to Green as committing any crime, and two brothers have been charged with assaulting him.
Photos and video of the rope-bound Green went viral yesterday with the message: “Got held breaking into a house up Shorey Village and hold some licks and tied up.”
The posts of a desolate-looking Green tied up just outside the Bourne Identity shop prompted responses from social media users, who mostly gave the thumbs up to his capture. (AD)
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.