Contrary to initial rumours, police said that that Jamar Green was not held by lawmen, and instead, his suspected assailants were charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm. (GP)
- Small number of misprinted notes in circulation Read More
- Sealy: Record year for tourism in Barbados Read More
- South Korea brings curtain down on 'Peace Games' Read More
- Volcanoes take Super50 victory Read More
- Use your words to empower others Read More
- Police must report all, not just some Read More
- Rico raps it up Read More
RUMOURS ON SOCIAL media had it that 25-year-old Jamar Green was beaten and tied to a bus stop post in Shorey Village, St Andrew, on Wednesday after breaking into homes.
That was not the case, however. Police said their investigation did not to point to Green as committing any crime, and two brothers have been charged with assaulting him.
Photos and video of the rope-bound Green went viral yesterday with the message: “Got held breaking into a house up Shorey Village and hold some licks and tied up.”
The posts of a desolate-looking Green tied up just outside the Bourne Identity shop prompted responses from social media users, who mostly gave the thumbs up to his capture. (AD)
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.