The beaten schoolgirl resting at home. (GP)
- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
THE MOTHER OF a child who suffered a brutal beating that left her unconscious at the side of the road dreads returning the teenager to the school where her attackers remain.
And Marcia Carrington, an active Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) member, said she also fears her own actions after hearing the account of how the schoolchildren stood on her daughter’s neck and kicked her in her head on Wednesday while she headed to the bus stop outside the Lester Vaughan School.
The beat down came to light after a video on social media showed the teenager fleeing her attackers and narrowly escaping being struck by a van along Cane Garden Road, St Thomas.
After the attack Carrington paid $500 in medical bills for X-rays and medication and is struggling to get $840 for a CAT scan. (AC)
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.