- Courtesy gives Crop Over a lift Read More
- Beneficial ownership: Corporate striptease (final part) Read More
- Bolt holds on for final Golden Spike win Read More
- QC boys hold on to claim league crown Read More
- Simple but not simplistic Read More
- This time we are in a 12-foot hole Read More
- $250 000 calypso prize ‘not possible’ Read More
THE MINISTRY OF Health is investigating a suspected occurrence of foodborne illness at the St Philip District Hospital.
The incident affected 30 patients between May 15 and 16 and resulted in the admission of one patient who experienced severe symptoms to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
According to a senior Ministry official, all of the patients were seen by medical practitioners and samples sent to the Public Health Laboratory for testing.
The official added that a Rapid Response Team from the Ministry of Health was investigating the cause of the illness.
The Ministry of Health assured the public that all necessary steps were being taken to adequately address the situation. (Ministry of Health/BGIS)