- Barbados to benefit greatly from Sandals Canadian Marketing Incentive Read More
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Pride coach proud Read More
- Lehmann Academy doing Holder good Read More
- The chaos that is local transport Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
IT’S 15 CENTS.
That’s how much retailers and the Future Centre Trust have agreed will be the plastic bag deterrent fee that comes into effect on June 1.
The official launch date had been pushed back from May 1 as some retailers had still not yet received their branded reusable shopping bags. Also, the final amount of the deterrent fee was still to be discussed.
It was last November when officials from the Trust and BICO announced the initiative aimed at reducing the number of plastic bags which enter the landfill and waste streams. It involved major supermarket chains and other retailers. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.