- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Charles shuts down Maple Read More
- No team for qualifiers Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- Need for better traffic signage in Warrens Read More
- Wonder Woman the star among Warner Bros’ expanding superhero franchise Read More
IT’S 15 CENTS.
That’s how much retailers and the Future Centre Trust have agreed will be the plastic bag deterrent fee that comes into effect on June 1.
The official launch date had been pushed back from May 1 as some retailers had still not yet received their branded reusable shopping bags. Also, the final amount of the deterrent fee was still to be discussed.
It was last November when officials from the Trust and BICO announced the initiative aimed at reducing the number of plastic bags which enter the landfill and waste streams. It involved major supermarket chains and other retailers. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.