- Barbados to sign tax agreement with OECD Read More
- International business ministry comments on removal from blacklist Read More
- Kirton off to Canada for qualifiers Read More
- Kirby gets second gold Read More
- Unbearable wait for Sargeant Street bus Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Gospel thriller Read More
IT’S 15 CENTS.
That’s how much retailers and the Future Centre Trust have agreed will be the plastic bag deterrent fee that comes into effect on June 1.
The official launch date had been pushed back from May 1 as some retailers had still not yet received their branded reusable shopping bags. Also, the final amount of the deterrent fee was still to be discussed.
It was last November when officials from the Trust and BICO announced the initiative aimed at reducing the number of plastic bags which enter the landfill and waste streams. It involved major supermarket chains and other retailers. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.