- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Quake cancels CAC meet Read More
- Sir Hilary’s goal Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Neesha feels So Amazing with another award Read More
IT’S 15 CENTS.
That’s how much retailers and the Future Centre Trust have agreed will be the plastic bag deterrent fee that comes into effect on June 1.
The official launch date had been pushed back from May 1 as some retailers had still not yet received their branded reusable shopping bags. Also, the final amount of the deterrent fee was still to be discussed.
It was last November when officials from the Trust and BICO announced the initiative aimed at reducing the number of plastic bags which enter the landfill and waste streams. It involved major supermarket chains and other retailers. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.