- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
THE 15-YEAR-OLD Lester Vaughan Secondary School student who was remanded to the Government Industrial School last Thursday has been granted bail.
The girl who pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm reappeared in the District “D” Magistrates’ Court today.
She was granted bail in the sum of $500 with one surety and will reappear in court on August 10.
As part of her bail conditions, the student was placed on a 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew, Monday to Friday, and a full curfew during the weekend.
The charge stems from the May 17 beating of a Lester Vaughan student. Eight other students have been charged in the matter. (PR/NB)