- Seasoned executive joins Hilton’s global operations team Read More
- We’ve got your back, says Co-op Read More
- French fans give hero welcome to Les Bleus World Cup champions Read More
- Call for more courts Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- iWeb defending crown Read More
PORT AU PRINCE – One person has been confirmed dead and dozens injured following a mudslide in the district of Archaie, to the north of here on Wednesday.
The police report that at least five houses were destroyed by the massive mudslide, triggered by heavy rains.
They say residents have been asked to evacuate the affected areas and to stay alert.
Among the people hurt during the mudslide, five have been transferred to the Albert Schweitze hospital in Deschapelles, department of Artibonite.
Emergency response institutions are also sending messages through radio and cell phones to warn resident of the risks and dangers that could come in the aftermath of the rains.
Haiti, the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere still recovering from the damages left in the wake of Hurricane Matthew in October 2016.
The storm led to the deaths of 573 people. (CMC)