- BlackBerry rally derailed as investors lose patience on turnaround Read More
- Iran in talks to buy 48 Airbus helicopters report says Read More
- Laurando hits hat-trick Read More
- King’s ace Read More
- Embrace moves to ditch plastics Read More
- Countering the professor Read More
- When talent shines Read More
PORT AU PRINCE – One person has been confirmed dead and dozens injured following a mudslide in the district of Archaie, to the north of here on Wednesday.
The police report that at least five houses were destroyed by the massive mudslide, triggered by heavy rains.
They say residents have been asked to evacuate the affected areas and to stay alert.
Among the people hurt during the mudslide, five have been transferred to the Albert Schweitze hospital in Deschapelles, department of Artibonite.
Emergency response institutions are also sending messages through radio and cell phones to warn resident of the risks and dangers that could come in the aftermath of the rains.
Haiti, the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere still recovering from the damages left in the wake of Hurricane Matthew in October 2016.
The storm led to the deaths of 573 people. (CMC)