Authorities are keeping a close eye on this weather system. (Picture courtesy National Hurricane Center.)
- Davis wins big with Courts Read More
- BRA updates financial institutions on exchange of information regulations Read More
- Hamilton could take F1 lead this weekend Read More
- UWI seeking to raise US$70m Read More
- Price gougers at it again Read More
- Give more power to Auditor General Read More
- Edwin first, iWeb last Read More
BARBADIANS LOOK SET to hunker down tonight after authorities raised the alarm for possible bad weather from a tropical storm which could form today.
While it is expected to be largely business as usual for the early part of today, preparations to protect property are expected to begin as the day progresses.
Last night Chief Education Officer Karen Best said that this morning schools would be open as scheduled until further notice.
Best, who is also chief shelter warden responsible for schools which double as shelters during emergencies, said further word on their opening for that purpose would come as more information about the weather came to hand. (AC/BGIS)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.