Barbados Gems will play Ireland later today in the first match of the Summer Quad Series. (FILE)
- Williams Industries, former Digicel CEOs form new comppany Read More
- Cable & Wireless (West Indies) seeking outstanding common shares in C&W Barbados Read More
- ‘Help us’ get to Mississippi tournament Read More
- AAB to the rescue Read More
- Give more power to Auditor General Read More
- ‘House Negro’ leaders abound Read More
- Edwin first, iWeb last Read More
MATCHES IN THE Summer Quad Netball Series will be streamed live on Facebook.
Barbados will be up against hosts Northern Ireland, Singapore and Ireland in the race for 12 coveted spots at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Australia.
Matches will be streamed at https://www.facebook.com/netballni/
Northern Ireland are highest ranked at 11th, with Barbados one place behind. Singapore and Ireland are 19th and 24th, respectively.
In an interview, Northern Ireland assistant coach Clar Rois McGuinness said this series was very important.
“Barbados have just defeated and are coming off two fantastic wins for them against Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago who are ranked fourth and ninth in the world at present. So their ranking (Barbados) is going to go up,” she said.
“They are currently 12th, but they will jump and leapfrog us… We need to win the four games this week. These are must-win games.”
Today, Northern Ireland will play Singapore at 12:30 p.m. and Barbados will take on Ireland at 3 p.m.
On Tuesday, Barbados will be up against Singapore in the early game and the two Irish sides will form the nightcap. The final qualifying matches will be played on Wednesday with the hosts taking on Barbados and Ireland against Singapore.
Thursday is an off day and the finals will be played on Friday. (SAT)