BWU General Secretary Toni Moore (FILE)
- Lenstec Barbados wins legal battle Read More
- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- Leslie explains BCA T20 toss rules Read More
- No new registration for netball season Read More
- What a ‘mother’ country! Read More
- Developing our public sector Read More
- Trinidadian LeShae Riley is the 2018 Winner of Caribbean’s Next Top Model Read More
GENERAL SECRETARY of the Barbados Workers’ Union Toni Moore has been elected to the Governing Body of the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
Moore was elected during the 106th session of the ILO Conference held in Geneva, Switzerland, from June 5 to 17.
She returned to the island on Sunday, but in a media release, the BWU said Moore was “very aware of the heightened anxiety being expressed by many workers regarding the measures outlined in the Financial Statements and Budgetary Proposals”.
One of her first official duties will be a meeting with public servants on Tuesday at 3 p.m. at Solidarity House.
This meeting was called to devise a strategy on the protracted salary negotiations for public officers. (PR/SAT)