BWU General Secretary Toni Moore (FILE)
- Davis wins big with Courts Read More
- BRA updates financial institutions on exchange of information regulations Read More
- Hamilton could take F1 lead this weekend Read More
- UWI seeking to raise US$70m Read More
- Price gougers at it again Read More
- Give more power to Auditor General Read More
- Edwin first, iWeb last Read More
GENERAL SECRETARY of the Barbados Workers’ Union Toni Moore has been elected to the Governing Body of the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
Moore was elected during the 106th session of the ILO Conference held in Geneva, Switzerland, from June 5 to 17.
She returned to the island on Sunday, but in a media release, the BWU said Moore was “very aware of the heightened anxiety being expressed by many workers regarding the measures outlined in the Financial Statements and Budgetary Proposals”.
One of her first official duties will be a meeting with public servants on Tuesday at 3 p.m. at Solidarity House.
This meeting was called to devise a strategy on the protracted salary negotiations for public officers. (PR/SAT)