BWU General Secretary Toni Moore (FILE)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Volkswagen to invest $27 billion in core brand until 2022 Read More
- Lehmann Academy doing Holder good Read More
- Pride coach proud Read More
- The chaos that is local transport Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
GENERAL SECRETARY of the Barbados Workers’ Union Toni Moore has been elected to the Governing Body of the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
Moore was elected during the 106th session of the ILO Conference held in Geneva, Switzerland, from June 5 to 17.
She returned to the island on Sunday, but in a media release, the BWU said Moore was “very aware of the heightened anxiety being expressed by many workers regarding the measures outlined in the Financial Statements and Budgetary Proposals”.
One of her first official duties will be a meeting with public servants on Tuesday at 3 p.m. at Solidarity House.
This meeting was called to devise a strategy on the protracted salary negotiations for public officers. (PR/SAT)