BWU General Secretary Toni Moore (FILE)
- Telling region’s export story Read More
- Entrepreneurship needs help Read More
- Barbados teams going after water polo medals Read More
- Cricket Profiles: Hayley Matthews Read More
- All students can learn Read More
- Creative strategies to boost population Read More
- Judge releases names of deadlocked jurors in Cosby sex assault case Read More
GENERAL SECRETARY of the Barbados Workers’ Union Toni Moore has been elected to the Governing Body of the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
Moore was elected during the 106th session of the ILO Conference held in Geneva, Switzerland, from June 5 to 17.
She returned to the island on Sunday, but in a media release, the BWU said Moore was “very aware of the heightened anxiety being expressed by many workers regarding the measures outlined in the Financial Statements and Budgetary Proposals”.
One of her first official duties will be a meeting with public servants on Tuesday at 3 p.m. at Solidarity House.
This meeting was called to devise a strategy on the protracted salary negotiations for public officers. (PR/SAT)