BWU General Secretary Toni Moore (FILE)
- Montserrat to try Digital Eastern Caribbean Dollars with blockchain start-up Bitt Read More
- Cyberattacks Read More
- ‘A’ team spin web round Lions Read More
- Grazette clinches Lodge Road draughts title Read More
- Streetcars can boost transport Read More
- Worried about Barbados Read More
- Film-maker no dummy when it comes to puppetry Read More
GENERAL SECRETARY of the Barbados Workers’ Union Toni Moore has been elected to the Governing Body of the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
Moore was elected during the 106th session of the ILO Conference held in Geneva, Switzerland, from June 5 to 17.
She returned to the island on Sunday, but in a media release, the BWU said Moore was “very aware of the heightened anxiety being expressed by many workers regarding the measures outlined in the Financial Statements and Budgetary Proposals”.
One of her first official duties will be a meeting with public servants on Tuesday at 3 p.m. at Solidarity House.
This meeting was called to devise a strategy on the protracted salary negotiations for public officers. (PR/SAT)