- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Volkswagen to invest $27 billion in core brand until 2022 Read More
- Lehmann Academy doing Holder good Read More
- Pride coach proud Read More
- The chaos that is local transport Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
THE FLOOD WATCH for Barbados has been discontinued as of 6 p.m.
However, the high surf advisory and small craft warning remain in effect until 6 p.m. tomorrow.
Easterly swells of 3.5 to 4.5m (11 to 15ft) are expected to affect the coastal waters around Barbados for at least another 12 to 24 hours.
A small-craft warning means in this case that seas equal to or greater than 3m (10ft) and winds of at least 25 to 33 knots are already affecting the marine area.
A high-surf advisory is issued when breaking wave action poses a threat to life and property within the surf zone. (PR)