Minister of Education Ronald Jones. (FILE)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Concern over spike in drug violations Read More
- QC and Foundation in final clash Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
TWO MORE OFFSHORE medical schools could soon be coming to Barbados.
And if Ministry of Education Ronald Jones has his way, an engineering school could also be in the pipeline.
Speaking at the Democratic Labour Party’s Astor B. Watts Lunchtime Lecture yesterday, Jones revealed that approval should soon be given for one medical school to relocate to Barbados, while the ministry was currently handling another application.
This, he said, would bring the total number to six.
There are four medical schools currently in Barbados: the American University of Washington, the American University of Integrated Science, the Washington University of Barbados and the Queen’s University School of Medicine. (RB)
Please read the full story in today’s Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.