Antonio ‘Lil Man’ Daniel will be up against Julian ‘Michael Jackson’ White in the semi-finals of the A1 Supermarkets Lance Bynoe Masters Open Road tennis tournament. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Government making strides towards going green Read More
- Debt restructuring the way to stability, says Persaud Read More
- Rain has final say Read More
- Benjamin raps selection process Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rihanna is new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Read More
THE EIGHT BEST PLAYERS on the island will battle when the semi-finals of the A1 Supermarkets Lance Bynoe Masters Open road tennis tournament are staged tonight at the Rubis Sports Club, Brighton.
The action begins at 7 o’clock with Rachel Smith facing Abigail Haynes, before Sheldene Walrond takes on Kim Holder.
In the men’s division, Mark “Venom” Griffith entertains the stylish Dario Hinds before Julian “Michael Jackson” White battles Antonio “Lil Man” Daniel.
The last time White and Daniel met was in the World finals where White triumphed to take home $20 000.
Last night White had to recover from the ignominy of a pig to defeat the inform Marson Johnson 8-21, 21-11, 21-13.
Daniel easily waltzed past young Darius “Baracus” Gaskin 21-16, 21-17.
Among the women, Haynes had to dig deep to get by the attractive Cherene Ward 21-19, 18-21, 21-11 while Rachel Smith put out veteran Susan Scantlebury 21-8, 21-10. (KB)