New District Governor for Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean Sherwin Greenidge greeting members of the local Lions Clubs when he arrived at the Grantley Adams International Airport yesterday. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Cricket’s gain, football’s loss Read More
- Reifer shines in warm-up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
IT WAS a special moment for the Lions in Barbados as they welcomed home Barbadian Sherwin Greenidge after he was installed as District Governor for Lions Clubs in Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean.
Greenidge arrived at the Grantley Adams International Airport (GAIA) yesterday evening to cheers from colleagues after he arrived from Chicago, where Lions Clubs from across the world met in recognition of the 100th anniversary of Lionism.
Greenidge said the five focus areas for his year as governor would be relief of hunger, the environment, vision, diabetes care and paediatric cancer. (LK)