CHAMPIONS: Barbados girls’ squash captain Amanda Haywood and boys’ captain Zachary Proverbs holding the trophy. (GP)
- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- International experts give digital marketing advice Read More
- Lakers lose 3rd straight Read More
- Fidel grabs four for Hampshire Read More
- Keep buggery law Read More
- System too soft on violent crime Read More
- Avicii, Swedish electronic dance music artist and DJ, dead at 28 Read More
AFTER 13 YEARS, Barbados are back on the summit of Caribbean junior squash.
The team capped a dominant performance to emerge champions at the 35th Junior Caribbean Area Squash Association Junior Championships in Guyana on Saturday.
It was Barbados’ first overall team title since 2004, as they broke Guyana’s 12-year stranglehold.
Leading the charge were the girls’ team, who comfortably defeated Guyana 5-0 to clinch their third straight girls’ title. (RA)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.