CHAMPIONS: Barbados girls’ squash captain Amanda Haywood and boys’ captain Zachary Proverbs holding the trophy. (GP)
- Small number of misprinted notes in circulation Read More
- Sealy: Record year for tourism in Barbados Read More
- Smith upset by snub Read More
- Pride plan: Keep the Super50 title Read More
- Police must report all, not just some Read More
- Gun violence horse long bolted Read More
- Rico raps it up Read More
AFTER 13 YEARS, Barbados are back on the summit of Caribbean junior squash.
The team capped a dominant performance to emerge champions at the 35th Junior Caribbean Area Squash Association Junior Championships in Guyana on Saturday.
It was Barbados’ first overall team title since 2004, as they broke Guyana’s 12-year stranglehold.
Leading the charge were the girls’ team, who comfortably defeated Guyana 5-0 to clinch their third straight girls’ title. (RA)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.