CHAMPIONS: Barbados girls’ squash captain Amanda Haywood and boys’ captain Zachary Proverbs holding the trophy. (GP)
- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Charles shuts down Maple Read More
- No team for qualifiers Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- Need for better traffic signage in Warrens Read More
- Wonder Woman the star among Warner Bros’ expanding superhero franchise Read More
AFTER 13 YEARS, Barbados are back on the summit of Caribbean junior squash.
The team capped a dominant performance to emerge champions at the 35th Junior Caribbean Area Squash Association Junior Championships in Guyana on Saturday.
It was Barbados’ first overall team title since 2004, as they broke Guyana’s 12-year stranglehold.
Leading the charge were the girls’ team, who comfortably defeated Guyana 5-0 to clinch their third straight girls’ title. (RA)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.