Jazz musician Elan Trotman (centre) in conversation with chief executive officer of Barbados tourism Marketing Inc (BTMI) William Griffith (left) and BTMI marketing executive Robert Chase. (Picture by Reco Moore)
- Trade war worries slam China and emerging markets Read More
- Caribbean Airlines ranked 34th in global on time performance Read More
- Ticket sales slow Read More
- Pinnacle challenge to Gandalf Read More
- Where’s the morality, bishop? Read More
- Initiatives to help us stay afloat Read More
- Machel to Rise at Oval Read More
BARBADIAN INTERNATIONAL SOUL-JAZZ saxophonist Elan Trotman is bringing his Jazz Excursion to Barbados for the fourth time.
The October 6 to 8 Elan Trotman’s Barbados Jazz Excursion and Golf Tournament is a flourishing music festival and benefit golf tournament which bring hundreds of jazz and golf enthusiasts from the United States and elsewhere to Barbados for performances by an impressive line-up of contemporary jazz and R & B artistes.
Tourism officials, sponsors and other guests were at the official launch at Ocean Two hotel Thursday, when Trotman announced this year’s festival line-up that includes the headliner, Grammy-nominated soul vocalist Will Downing, Grammy-winning jazz guitarist Norman Brown, urban jazz saxophonist Jeanette Harris, rising bassist Julian Vaughn, R jazz saxophonist Marion Meadows, contemporary jazz keyboardist Brian Simpson and Barbados’ Soca Queen Alison Hinds. (GC)
Please read the full story in today’s Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.