Charisma exuded much more energy than she did on opening night. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Nature Fun Ranch Read More
- BRA closing early at Weymouth and Pine Read More
- UWI new queens Read More
- Warrican’s spin hurts Red Force Read More
- Govt should be solutions-driven Read More
- Barrow’s warning coming to pass Read More
- Court of Appeal orders retrial for Soca star Machel Montano Read More
IT WAS A GOOD but long night of entertainment when Cave Shepherd All Stars pitched their tent Thursday night at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre before a massive audience.
With All Stars being the last calypso tent to face the Pic-O-De-Crop preliminary judging panel this year, hundreds of people attended the “tent with the most encores”, according to the flyer.
And yes, while the 12 calypsonians vying for a place in the next round did well, only a handful of them stood out.
If the reaction of the people sitting close to me could also be used as a barometer, they felt the same way. When co-MCs Jennifer Walker and The Queen (Eric Lewis) asked the audience how many would go through, one woman said two and later three. (GBM)
Please read the full story in today’s Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.