Charisma exuded much more energy than she did on opening night. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- BRA’s Treasury Building branch to close early tomorrow Read More
- LIAT flight disruptions due to Hurricane Maria Read More
- King in waiting Read More
- Holder still a hot shot Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Songwriters get avenue to improve skills Read More
IT WAS A GOOD but long night of entertainment when Cave Shepherd All Stars pitched their tent Thursday night at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre before a massive audience.
With All Stars being the last calypso tent to face the Pic-O-De-Crop preliminary judging panel this year, hundreds of people attended the “tent with the most encores”, according to the flyer.
And yes, while the 12 calypsonians vying for a place in the next round did well, only a handful of them stood out.
If the reaction of the people sitting close to me could also be used as a barometer, they felt the same way. When co-MCs Jennifer Walker and The Queen (Eric Lewis) asked the audience how many would go through, one woman said two and later three. (GBM)
Please read the full story in today’s Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.