Charisma exuded much more energy than she did on opening night. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Charles shuts down Maple Read More
- No team for qualifiers Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- Need for better traffic signage in Warrens Read More
- Wonder Woman the star among Warner Bros’ expanding superhero franchise Read More
IT WAS A GOOD but long night of entertainment when Cave Shepherd All Stars pitched their tent Thursday night at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre before a massive audience.
With All Stars being the last calypso tent to face the Pic-O-De-Crop preliminary judging panel this year, hundreds of people attended the “tent with the most encores”, according to the flyer.
And yes, while the 12 calypsonians vying for a place in the next round did well, only a handful of them stood out.
If the reaction of the people sitting close to me could also be used as a barometer, they felt the same way. When co-MCs Jennifer Walker and The Queen (Eric Lewis) asked the audience how many would go through, one woman said two and later three. (GBM)
Please read the full story in today’s Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.