How did this happen? Anne Browne is overwhelmed with sadness at her plight. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw.)
- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Charles shuts down Maple Read More
- No team for qualifiers Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- Need for better traffic signage in Warrens Read More
- Wonder Woman the star among Warner Bros’ expanding superhero franchise Read More
ALL ANNE BROWNE wants is for her elderly and ailing mother to live out the rest of her years in dignity.
At 91 years old, Ernesta Browne has never had the luxury of running water at her house. The family live at Dash Valley, St George, in an area which is considered a water zone and they have not been allowed to instal water on the property.
On a daily basis Anne collects buckets of water from her identical twin sister Peggy, who lives next door but who, surprisingly, has water connected to her house.
However, Anne, 51, is now at her wits’ end since health inspectors have ordered her not to dig any more outdoor toilet pits on the land even though the one she now uses is full. (MB)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.