HEADING HOME: Apparition, with Antonio Perch in the saddle, moving to victory in the feature race. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)
- Barbados to benefit greatly from Sandals Canadian Marketing Incentive Read More
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Pride coach proud Read More
- Lehmann Academy doing Holder good Read More
- The chaos that is local transport Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
APPARITION, under a steady ride by jockey Antonio Perch, easily won the feature Season Of Emancipation Handicap over 1 100 metres to give her trainer Boston John a brace at the Garrison Savannah on Saturday.
It was an assignment that was made to look very easy on the firm track as the Stephen and Andrew Jardine-owned mare advanced her career record to 12 wins from 34 starts.
On leaving the gates she tracked leader Wild Cat Tea who flew away from the stalls with a three-length cushion.
Apparition, the recipient of ten pounds, effortlessly joined Wild Cat Tea to share the lead at the three-furlong marker. The pair remained together until the home stretch run when Apparition turned up the heat on Wild Cat Tea. (LY)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.