NOWHERE TO GO! Lakers forward Jehu Lafeuille (third left) hedging hard off of this screen to contain Jeremy Gill (left). (GP)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Volkswagen to invest $27 billion in core brand until 2022 Read More
- Lehmann Academy doing Holder good Read More
- Pride coach proud Read More
- The chaos that is local transport Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
THEY DIDN’T BLOW a lead this time.
Lumber Company Lakers just blew out the champs instead.
Keefe Birkett dropped a career finals-best 44 points to put Lakers within one win of another title via Saturday’s 81-59 Game 3 rout of Orange 3 Pinelands in the Co-operators General Insurance Premier League basketball finals at the Barbados Community College.
It was the first time Lakers managed to hold on to a big double-digit advantage all postseason long, having surrendered leads of 17 points or more in five straight playoff contests, including the first two games of this series. (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.