NOWHERE TO GO! Lakers forward Jehu Lafeuille (third left) hedging hard off of this screen to contain Jeremy Gill (left). (GP)
- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
THEY DIDN’T BLOW a lead this time.
Lumber Company Lakers just blew out the champs instead.
Keefe Birkett dropped a career finals-best 44 points to put Lakers within one win of another title via Saturday’s 81-59 Game 3 rout of Orange 3 Pinelands in the Co-operators General Insurance Premier League basketball finals at the Barbados Community College.
It was the first time Lakers managed to hold on to a big double-digit advantage all postseason long, having surrendered leads of 17 points or more in five straight playoff contests, including the first two games of this series. (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.