Barry Gale QC (FILE)
- Lenstec Barbados wins legal battle Read More
- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- Leslie explains BCA T20 toss rules Read More
- No new registration for netball season Read More
- What a ‘mother’ country! Read More
- Developing our public sector Read More
- Barbados participates in Beijing Caribbean Film Festival Read More
THE BAR ASSOCIATION is taking Attorney General Adriel Brathwaite to court following his failure to acknowledge their concerns about the legality of the mandatory requirement for tax clearance certificates in certain legal and financial transactions.
”He’s not had the courtesy of even acknowledging, far less responding,” Queen’s Counsel Barry Gale, who is leading a team of lawyers representing the association, told the DAILY NATION regarding the letter sent to Brathwaite on June 19.
The association had threatened legal action if the Government did not repeal the new law requiring the certificates within two weeks of receipt of the letter. (TS)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.