Barry Gale QC (FILE)
- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Charles shuts down Maple Read More
- No team for qualifiers Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- Need for better traffic signage in Warrens Read More
- Wonder Woman the star among Warner Bros’ expanding superhero franchise Read More
THE BAR ASSOCIATION is taking Attorney General Adriel Brathwaite to court following his failure to acknowledge their concerns about the legality of the mandatory requirement for tax clearance certificates in certain legal and financial transactions.
”He’s not had the courtesy of even acknowledging, far less responding,” Queen’s Counsel Barry Gale, who is leading a team of lawyers representing the association, told the DAILY NATION regarding the letter sent to Brathwaite on June 19.
The association had threatened legal action if the Government did not repeal the new law requiring the certificates within two weeks of receipt of the letter. (TS)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.