BOA assistant secretary general. (FILE)
- Barbados to benefit greatly from Sandals Canadian Marketing Incentive Read More
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Pride coach proud Read More
- Lehmann Academy doing Holder good Read More
- The chaos that is local transport Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
THE NATIONAL SPORTS COUNCIL (NSC) still hasn’t given out a cent in grants to any of Barbados’ top athletes after failing to meet the Barbados Olympic Association (BOA) for a proposed joint funding commission.
That’s according to BOA assistant secretary general Cammie Burke, who expressed annoyance over the delay and said the BOA was about to pay its second $240 000 grant for the year without any assistance from the NSC.
“I don’t think the National Sports Council is serious about funding our athletes and it feels like they just want to piggyback on our efforts because I can’t understand why they don’t see it fit to come back to us and say what their contribution will be,” Burke said. (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.