BOA assistant secretary general. (FILE)
- Small number of misprinted notes in circulation Read More
- Sealy: Record year for tourism in Barbados Read More
- Smith upset by snub Read More
- Pride plan: Keep the Super50 title Read More
- Police must report all, not just some Read More
- Gun violence horse long bolted Read More
- Rico raps it up Read More
THE NATIONAL SPORTS COUNCIL (NSC) still hasn’t given out a cent in grants to any of Barbados’ top athletes after failing to meet the Barbados Olympic Association (BOA) for a proposed joint funding commission.
That’s according to BOA assistant secretary general Cammie Burke, who expressed annoyance over the delay and said the BOA was about to pay its second $240 000 grant for the year without any assistance from the NSC.
“I don’t think the National Sports Council is serious about funding our athletes and it feels like they just want to piggyback on our efforts because I can’t understand why they don’t see it fit to come back to us and say what their contribution will be,” Burke said. (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.