Workmen using heavy machinery to reduce the old gate at the Bridgetown Port to rubble. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography)
- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Charles shuts down Maple Read More
- No team for qualifiers Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- Need for better traffic signage in Warrens Read More
- Wonder Woman the star among Warner Bros’ expanding superhero franchise Read More
WITHIN ABOUT FOUR hours, 56 years’ worth of history was reduced to a pile of rubble when the main entrance to the Bridgetown Port Inc. was demolished.
The controlled demolition began yesterday at 9 a.m. sharp with workmen bulldozing the structure using mechanical equipment such as tractors.
The rebuilding project is being carried out at a cost of $1.1 million by ADC Building and Maintenance and is expected to be completed in 18 weeks.
Divisional manager of corporate development and Strategy at Barbados Port Inc., Karl Branch, said that the demolition was the result of wear and tear. (TG)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.