Technical director of the Barbados Football Association Ahmed Mohamed. (Picture by Rachelle Agard.)
- Small number of misprinted notes in circulation Read More
- Sealy: Record year for tourism in Barbados Read More
- Volcanoes take Super50 victory Read More
- Cornwall deserves Windies pick Read More
- Use your words to empower others Read More
- Police must report all, not just some Read More
- Rico raps it up Read More
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR of the Barbados Football Association, Ahmed Mohamed, is happy with the performance of the national team at the recently concluded Windward Islands Football Association’s Men’s Football Tournament in Grenada despite their bottom finish.
“Our performance in general was exceptional. We played four good games; we won one, drew one and lost one as the match against St Lucia did not count,” he said during an interview with NATIONSPORT.
Grenada took the top spot with seven points, with Dominica ending on six points as the only undefeated team. St Lucia were third with five points.
While St Vincent and the Grenadines and Barbados both ended on four points, St Vincent had the better goal difference to leave Barbados in the cellar position. (RA)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.