Firemen were called to extinguish the blaze. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Greece ends bailout odyssey but Athens not in festive mood Read More
- Petra Roach named 2018 Ambassador of the Year at Virtuoso Week Read More
- Knight Riders gain revenge over Tallawahs with victory in final-ball thriller Read More
- ‘Time for pro’ hockey players Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Kingdom Arts brings fashion to stage Read More
THIS WAS A car problem no mechanic could fix.
The Barbados Fire Service had to be summoned to extinguish a blaze after a car caught fire along Eagle Hall, St Michael just after 3 p.m today.
The driver of the car, who only gave his name as Junior, said he borrowed the car from his friend to run an errand.
Junior, a mechanic, said the car “just shut down” and he noticed smoke coming from the bonnet just before it became engulfed in flames.
“It just shut down and I see the fire coming from the bonnet. I was going to the mechanic shop to get a part for another vehicle,” he explained. (RB)