Firemen were called to extinguish the blaze. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- British construction industry faces EU worker exodus Read More
- Caribbean Export and CDB partner to provide greater access to finance for women-owned businesses Read More
- Windward Volcanoes 286-7 in 50 overs vs Guyana Jaguars Read More
- Pride final-bound Read More
- Gun violence horse long bolted Read More
- Streetcars can boost transport Read More
- Impact World: Free performing arts, sports and musical event series Read More
THIS WAS A car problem no mechanic could fix.
The Barbados Fire Service had to be summoned to extinguish a blaze after a car caught fire along Eagle Hall, St Michael just after 3 p.m today.
The driver of the car, who only gave his name as Junior, said he borrowed the car from his friend to run an errand.
Junior, a mechanic, said the car “just shut down” and he noticed smoke coming from the bonnet just before it became engulfed in flames.
“It just shut down and I see the fire coming from the bonnet. I was going to the mechanic shop to get a part for another vehicle,” he explained. (RB)