- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
CROP OVER CELEBRATIONS came to Holetown on Friday night when the Holetown Festival Committee staged its first Crop Over Lime.
Chairman of the Holetown Festival Committee, Sonia Thompson-Alleyne, said the lime at the Holetown Monument in St James was a run-up to the 43rd staging of the eight-day festival held annually in February.
“This year we began our journey to the festival with an exciting approach with the two limes,” she said. The other lime is slated for November during the Independence celebrations.
The theme for the night was Holetown Festival Celebrates Crop Over. Patrons were treated to this year’s Crop Over music, as well as food and drink. There were several games, including a beer-drinking competition, dominoes and karaoke. (LK)