- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
CROP OVER CELEBRATIONS came to Holetown on Friday night when the Holetown Festival Committee staged its first Crop Over Lime.
Chairman of the Holetown Festival Committee, Sonia Thompson-Alleyne, said the lime at the Holetown Monument in St James was a run-up to the 43rd staging of the eight-day festival held annually in February.
“This year we began our journey to the festival with an exciting approach with the two limes,” she said. The other lime is slated for November during the Independence celebrations.
The theme for the night was Holetown Festival Celebrates Crop Over. Patrons were treated to this year’s Crop Over music, as well as food and drink. There were several games, including a beer-drinking competition, dominoes and karaoke. (LK)