Kieron Pollard belting five fours and six giant sixes, smacking 83 off 35 balls. (CPL via Getty Images.)
- Iran in talks to buy 48 Airbus helicopters report says Read More
- North Korea factories humming with ‘Made in China’ clothes, traders say Read More
- Welches the draughts champs Read More
- FOREIGN FALL Read More
- Wasted hours waiting on bus Read More
- Youth not given fair chance Read More
- When talent shines Read More
GROS ISLET, St Lucia – Rain spoiled an enthralling encounter after heavy hitters Kieron Pollard and Darren Sammy slammed exhilarating half-centuries, but Barbados emerged with a 21-run victory under Duckworth/Lewis to hand St Lucia Stars their third straight loss in the Caribbean Premier League, Thursday night.
Pollard was devastating in an unbeaten 83 off a mere 35 balls as Tridents, opting to bat first at the Darren Sammy Cricket Ground, amassed a tournament-high 196 for four off their 20 overs.
New Zealander Kane Williamson got his first decent score with a measured 46, while fellow opener Dwayne Smith chimed in with 36.
Seamer Kyle Mayers was the best Stars bowler with two for 30. (CMC)
Please read the full story in today's Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.