Kieron Pollard belting five fours and six giant sixes, smacking 83 off 35 balls. (CPL via Getty Images.)
- Seasoned executive joins Hilton’s global operations team Read More
- We’ve got your back, says Co-op Read More
- Windies to start 16-ODIs trek to 2019 Cricket World Cup Read More
- French fans give hero welcome to Les Bleus World Cup champions Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- iWeb defending crown Read More
GROS ISLET, St Lucia – Rain spoiled an enthralling encounter after heavy hitters Kieron Pollard and Darren Sammy slammed exhilarating half-centuries, but Barbados emerged with a 21-run victory under Duckworth/Lewis to hand St Lucia Stars their third straight loss in the Caribbean Premier League, Thursday night.
Pollard was devastating in an unbeaten 83 off a mere 35 balls as Tridents, opting to bat first at the Darren Sammy Cricket Ground, amassed a tournament-high 196 for four off their 20 overs.
New Zealander Kane Williamson got his first decent score with a measured 46, while fellow opener Dwayne Smith chimed in with 36.
Seamer Kyle Mayers was the best Stars bowler with two for 30. (CMC)
Please read the full story in today's Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.