Kieron Pollard belting five fours and six giant sixes, smacking 83 off 35 balls. (CPL via Getty Images.)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Nature Fun Ranch Read More
- BRA closing early at Weymouth and Pine Read More
- UWI new queens Read More
- Warrican’s spin hurts Red Force Read More
- Govt should be solutions-driven Read More
- Barrow’s warning coming to pass Read More
- Court of Appeal orders retrial for Soca star Machel Montano Read More
GROS ISLET, St Lucia – Rain spoiled an enthralling encounter after heavy hitters Kieron Pollard and Darren Sammy slammed exhilarating half-centuries, but Barbados emerged with a 21-run victory under Duckworth/Lewis to hand St Lucia Stars their third straight loss in the Caribbean Premier League, Thursday night.
Pollard was devastating in an unbeaten 83 off a mere 35 balls as Tridents, opting to bat first at the Darren Sammy Cricket Ground, amassed a tournament-high 196 for four off their 20 overs.
New Zealander Kane Williamson got his first decent score with a measured 46, while fellow opener Dwayne Smith chimed in with 36.
Seamer Kyle Mayers was the best Stars bowler with two for 30. (CMC)
Please read the full story in today's Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.