- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- Dominica welcoming 'voluntourism' in wake of Hurricane Maria Read More
- King giving back to Dominica with benefit match Read More
- Orange new QC swim champs Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Consider the rape victim Read More
- Juniors shine at NIFCA Read More
Barbados has recorded another road fatality. 35 year old Shane Jamol Belle died in a single vehicle accident early this morning in Dash Valley, St George.
A statement from the Royal Barbados Police Force reported that the accident occurred sometime after 2 a.m. on Saturday August 12th, along Dash Valley Road, St George, which resulted in the death of Belle and injuries to his two friends Michael Payne 24 years, and Rasheed Phillips 22 years, all of Dash Valley.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Belle was a rear seat passenger in a motor car being driven by Phillips, along Dash Valley Road, St. George. The driver of the car lost control of the car, and as a result struck an embankment causing the car to overturn.
Belle died at the scene, whilst Payne and Phillips were both transported to the QEH by ambulance for medical treatment. Payne suffered a broken right arm and bruises to the head, whilst Phillips received multiple injuries.
Two fire tenders, and eight officers under the command of Divisional Officer Errol Gaskin responded to the scene of the accident.
Police are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed this accident or can provide any information to assist them in these investigations to contact the District ‘B’ Police station at telephone 437-4311 or 430-7625. (PR)