- Seasoned executive joins Hilton’s global operations team Read More
- We’ve got your back, says Co-op Read More
- French fans give hero welcome to Les Bleus World Cup champions Read More
- Call for more courts Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- iWeb defending crown Read More
Barbados has recorded another road fatality. 35 year old Shane Jamol Belle died in a single vehicle accident early this morning in Dash Valley, St George.
A statement from the Royal Barbados Police Force reported that the accident occurred sometime after 2 a.m. on Saturday August 12th, along Dash Valley Road, St George, which resulted in the death of Belle and injuries to his two friends Michael Payne 24 years, and Rasheed Phillips 22 years, all of Dash Valley.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Belle was a rear seat passenger in a motor car being driven by Phillips, along Dash Valley Road, St. George. The driver of the car lost control of the car, and as a result struck an embankment causing the car to overturn.
Belle died at the scene, whilst Payne and Phillips were both transported to the QEH by ambulance for medical treatment. Payne suffered a broken right arm and bruises to the head, whilst Phillips received multiple injuries.
Two fire tenders, and eight officers under the command of Divisional Officer Errol Gaskin responded to the scene of the accident.
Police are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed this accident or can provide any information to assist them in these investigations to contact the District ‘B’ Police station at telephone 437-4311 or 430-7625. (PR)