- Seasoned executive joins Hilton’s global operations team Read More
- We’ve got your back, says Co-op Read More
- Windies to start 16-ODIs trek to 2019 Cricket World Cup Read More
- French fans give hero welcome to Les Bleus World Cup champions Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- iWeb defending crown Read More
A ST THOMAS TEENAGER was granted bail after being charged in connection a drug bust made at the Terminal 2, Grantley Adams International Airport on Thursday.
He is 19-year-old Shaqem Najeen Kadeem Ben Lashley of Welches Lot #2, Gibson Land, Redman’s Village.
During an inspection by Customs, cannabis was discovered in 24 cans labelled beans, which were among a number of imported food items.
Police were informed and Lashley was subsequently arrested and charged with possession, trafficking, possession with intent to supply and importation of cannabis.
Lashley appeared before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant in the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court on Friday and is scheduled to reappear in the District ‘B’ Court on the August 17. (PR/SAT)