- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Windies ‘up for it’ Read More
- Passage roar again Read More
- Spare the rod and . . . Read More
- PR not only for damage control Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
A ST THOMAS TEENAGER was granted bail after being charged in connection a drug bust made at the Terminal 2, Grantley Adams International Airport on Thursday.
He is 19-year-old Shaqem Najeen Kadeem Ben Lashley of Welches Lot #2, Gibson Land, Redman’s Village.
During an inspection by Customs, cannabis was discovered in 24 cans labelled beans, which were among a number of imported food items.
Police were informed and Lashley was subsequently arrested and charged with possession, trafficking, possession with intent to supply and importation of cannabis.
Lashley appeared before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant in the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court on Friday and is scheduled to reappear in the District ‘B’ Court on the August 17. (PR/SAT)