May Hinds (FILE)
- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- Dominica welcoming 'voluntourism' in wake of Hurricane Maria Read More
- King giving back to Dominica with benefit match Read More
- Orange new QC swim champs Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Consider the rape victim Read More
- Juniors shine at NIFCA Read More
A CONSULTANT IN the tourism industry says Barbados should have embraced homestay tourism a long time ago.
May Hinds, who has worked extensively in Barbados and throughout the region, does not believe that taxation and legislation are the way to go in dealing with the online accommodations sector, such as Airbnb.
She was responding to reports that the Barbados Tourism Product Authority had conducted a study on the sector and its impact on the tourism product.
Hinds told the SUNDAY SUN that Barbados was too much of a “mature destination” to be dealing with this issue at this time when homestay accommodation had been around for ages. (MB)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.