Artists Virgil Broodhagen and Neville Legall at the opening yesterday. (Picture by Heather-Lynn Evanson.)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Jules to miss USVI game Read More
- Two reign supreme Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
THE WORKS OF 30 artists will be on show as the island gears up to host CARIFESTA XIII from Thursday.
And while it’s not an officially sanctioned CARIFESTA event, the president of the Barbados Arts Council hopes delegates will make an attempt to visit the Pelican Art Gallery to see the work of their fellow creatives.
Neville Legall told the DAILY NATION the Arts Council decided to curate the exhibition, which runs until September 9, to give many more local artists an opportunity to display their works.
He revealed the exhibition was not an official CARIFESTA event “designated by CARIFESTA committee”. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.