Posted on

Hospital strike action put off


rhondathompson, [email protected]

Social Share

PLANNED strike action at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) has been put on hold.
Acting deputy general secretary of the National Union of Public Workers, Roslyn Smith, said last night the union would meet with the hospital’s management on Friday afternoon to deal with their concerns, chief among them an alleged breach in recruitment policy.
Mitchell Codrington, an industrial relations consultant and a former chairman of the QEH board, will lead the hospital delegation while Smith and general secretary Dennis Clarke head the union team.
Smith said long-serving, temporary staff had been denied work and permanent employment.
“New persons are brought on staff and placed in vacant positions while others are rostered every two weeks and the long-serving staff are not offered employment under the guise that the status would remain until the matter is settled with the union,” she said. (MK)

LAST NEWS