Posted on

Hunt on for killers


rhondathompson, [email protected]

Social Share
Share

POLICE ARE MAKING progress in the hunt for the two men who last Friday night robbed and firebombed the Campus Trendz store in Tudor Street, The City, causing the deaths of six young women.
Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin, at a Press conference yesterday, also said indications are that the perpetrators were Barbadians and not non-nationals as had been widely rumoured across Barbados.
He said the investigations were being led by the Royal Barbados Police Force’s Major Crime Unit, which was being supported by crime analysts and skilled investigators. He also noted that specialists from the private sector were helping the force.
Dottin referred to Friday night’s tragedy as “undesirable brutality” and said the public had responded in meaningful ways to their call for support in solving the crime.
“I want to thank Barbadians for the support they are giving to investigators,” he said.
The police chief however disclosed that investigators had spoken to three people but their interrogations had not been productive.
“However, we are following certain lines of inquiry,” Dottin added, while noting no other details could be made public because of the sensitivity of the investigations.
However, he appealed to Barbadians to remain calm and urged them not to target any particular nationality for likely involvement in Friday night’s crime.
“There is no need for panic. It’s unnerving and Barbadians would be frustrated . . . they will be angry – and I am not minimising the loss of lives – but it needs to be kept in its proper context,” he said.
According to NATION investigations, a group of men from the Nursery Drive bus stand violently beat a non-national male, whom they mistakenly identified as the person in the police’s composite sketch of one of the wanted men. (TS)

LAST NEWS