Repairs begin at Princess Alice Terminal
Commuters using the Princess Alice Bus Terminal should feel safer now with the removal of two dangerous sheds from the waiting area yesterday.
The first shed was blown over during the passage of Tropical Storm Tomas in October, while the second shed was said to be unstable and was removed for safety reasons.
In last Wednesday’s Midweek NATION, commuters who regularly use the terminal complained of the dangers being posed by the huge fallen structure.
When contacted, assistant director of the Transport Authority, Alex Linton, said the sheds had been removed so workers could gain access to the foundation and begin repair work.
“During the course of the week we will be doing some work on the foundation and once that is finished, the sheds will be re-erected,” he said.
Linton, who said he could not give a definite idea as to how soon the work would be concluded, noted it was expected to be finished in a “couple of weeks” since the authority was trying to expedite the work. (CT)