Posted on

Cost for tickets still unknown


rhondathompson, [email protected]

Cost for tickets still unknown

Social Share

BARBADIANS SHOULD soon know if they will have to pay more for this year’s Crop Over events.
The festival was officially launched yesterday during a sponsors breakfast at Hilton Barbados, where details about 32 events on this year’s calendar were revealed.
Corporate communications specialist at the National Cultural Foundation (NCF), Wayne Simmons, told the SATURDAY SUN that the issue of ticket prices had not been discussed.
He added that the recommendations from the stakeholder meetings were currently being reviewed and relevant information would be relayed to the public afterwards.
There were no cost increases last year for patrons because of a policy decision to contain the cost of events, in the hope of attracting larger numbers of patrons.
During his feature address to stakeholders, Prime Minister Freundel Stuart noted that there was no admission fee for a number of Crop Over events and that there were no “significant” gate receipts for the producer.
He said Government’s investment in the festival paid off, however. Citing data gathered from 2005 to 2007, he said Government received $52 in revenue on every dollar it invested in sponsorship.
“There is no other sector that can boast this rate of return, neither singularly nor combined,” Stuart said.
Crop Over 2011 officially starts July 2 with the Barbados National Bank Opening Gala and Ceremonial Delivery Of The Last Canes at Queen’s Park. (YB)

LAST NEWS