Posted on

Kidnapping accused to re-appear in court


rhondathompson, [email protected]

Social Share

ROSEAU, Dominica – A man, who allegedly abducted a 15-year-old school girl and held her captive for more than a month, will reappear in court on Monday to answer a number of charges including kidnapping.
Police slapped 10 charges against Webster Edmund, who appeared in court on Friday, three days after the school girl was found underneath a tarpaulin in the Hillsborough area, east of here, with the “same school skirt as when she went missing”.
She had been snatched on her way to school on February 17.
Six of the charges against Edmund were laid indictably and Edmund was not asked to plead. He also faces charges of being in possession of a 12 gauge shotgun and 16 rounds of ammunition, abduction, kidnapping and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
But the accused pleaded not guilty to the cannabis and intent to supply charges that were read out in court.
Police Commissioner Cyril Carrette said Edmund, whose age was not disclosed, had brought law enforcement officials to the area where the school girl was being held.
Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that his administration would await details from the police as to what would be done with the EC$20,000 (US$7, 407) reward it had offered for her safe return. (CMC)

LAST NEWS