Posted on

Boy recovering after shock


Tim Slinger

Boy recovering after shock

Social Share
Share

JONATHAN NARINE, who suffered severe electrical shock while picking mangoes two weeks ago, is recovering well.
Anne Marie-Pierre, mother of the 16-year-old schoolboy, said yesterday her son had been removed from the Surgical Intensive Care unit, where he had been detained for over a week, and transferred to a ward at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
According to her, the Parkinson Schoool fourth-former was talking and now able to move his hands and feet. He is also reported to be recovering from several burns he suffered during the incident which left him unconscious for four days.
Narine fell from the tree not far away from his Dunlow Lane, St Michael home after the metal rod he was using to pick the fruit struck a high-voltage electrical wire.

LAST NEWS