Ex-IMF chief pleads not guilty
The former head of the International Monetary Fund, Dominique Strauss-Khan, has entered a plea of not guilty in a New York court to charges of attempted rape and sexual assault.
The 62-year-old Frenchman is accused of assaulting a maid at the Manhattan hotel where he was staying on May 14.
The complainant’s lawyer said outside court she “just wants justice”.
Strauss-Kahn’s lawyer said there had been “no element of compulsion” in the incident between the two parties.
His next court date is set for July 18.
The former finance chief – who faces up to 25 years in prison if found guilty – arrived at New York Supreme Court on Monday with his wife, the French television journalist Anne Sinclair. (BBC)