Posted on

DEAR CHRISTINE – Need to get house wired

luigimarshall, [email protected]

DEAR CHRISTINE – Need to get  house wired

Social Share

Dear Christine,
I am writing to ask for help in getting the house in which I live wired. I have been living there for nearly a year now, and have tried to get it done myself but with no luck.
I was working together with Government but now we are at a dead end as an estimate is required. We sent one previously, but were told it was misplaced and another was needed.
Christine, I have no one to do this estimate for me. I do not know where to turn and we cannot afford to pay for the material needed. I live with my two young children and their father and currently we are both unemployed.
I have tried everything to get a job but with no results. I would be very grateful to anyone out there who could help me get electricity or a job.
I am a graduate of The St Michael School, and I have seven CXC certificates. I currently reside in St John.
I appreciate any help you can give, and thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
Dear Desperate:
I sincerely hope that you would receive the assistance you’re seeking through this column. Surely it cannot be your fault if your submitted estimate was misplaced by those in authority. Why should you have to pay for their mistake?
I know it cannot be easy for you and the children to be without electricity. Assistance could be provided in terms of getting an individual to wire the house, but the material must be provided.
While I am also appealing to any member of the public to help you in any which way they can, I suggest that you discuss this matter with your parliamentary representative or chairman of the Constituency Council in your area – both of whom should be able to follow through on the lost estimate and determine where you go from there.
You have shared your contact information with me, and I will make it a point to follow up. Hang in there and don’t lose hope.